I'd be hard pressed at this point to say exactly how I found Julie's blog over at Red Hen Studios, but she's always posting fun stuff. And her kids are involved in the coolest things. Plus, right this second, very cool music is playing from her blog! Stop by & visit.
So Julie tagged me for a 6 Random Things meme. Fortunately, randomness is my forte, so this is not TOO challenging.
The rules for this are easy:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Here are 6 things about me:
1. I went to Mardi Gras for the first time when I was 6, was knocked unconscious by a spooked horse, had a concussion, went to the hospital, appeared on the evening news after my dad almost smacked a rude cameraman while carrying me out of the hospital, was mended, & then taken to more parades by my parents. And it's any wonder I went back to New Orleans for school?? :)
2. I have used the phrase "blown to Oz" more times than I can count in the last 24 hours, and my husband is REALLY hoping I won't use it all tomorrow. Or, really, ever again.
3. #1 ended my professional football career, because now I'm afraid to get another concussion. One of my high school friends did a brainscan of me for a science fair project, and one of my brainwaves really does fire early, which is consistent with head trauma. Cool, huh??
4. I listen to a LOT of NPR. A lot. And now I get my favorite shows' podcasts to listen to while I drive all over Nowhereville, Georgia. And I am actually seriously annoyed by the fact that it costs MONEY to get Prairie Home Companion's podcast.
5. While 85% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 92% of all listreaders don't read #5 on any given list.
6. I will buy all of my clothes used, and pay full price for books. It's not a hard & fast rule, but it happens A LOT, and says a lot about what makes me happy - shelves full of books. :) And on that note, I'll be sharing some fabulous bookie finds with you tomorrow, as well as a nifty Easter craft, not to mention some cute pictures from last Sunday's zoo outing. PHEW!
I TAG YOU!:
* Melissa, of Sparkly Like a Holiday
* Natalie, of Betternat Squash
* Lennye, of Life is Hard, Enjoy the Ride
* Jeannie, of Put Some Polka Dots On It
* Sarah, of The Misadventures of Mama & Jack/Making Projiks
* Kristin, of My Polka-Dotted World