Saturday, March 15, 2008

And a little free advice...

This is the second seriously close call we've had. The first was a few years ago when we were living in Hampton & a tornado tore through the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Anyway, what I've learned is that when there's constant lightning going HORIZONTALLY through the sky, you get a tornado. I've seen it twice in my life, & both times, there's been a wretched tornado.

My mom taught me when I was little that if the sky turned green, there would be a tornado, and I think that's true in the Midwest, but not so true down here. Of course, it's also not helpful when they come at night.

Public Service Announcement is now over. Thank you for your attention. ;)

5 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Hopefully today goes down without any more twisters. Stay safe.

Lennye said...

SBB, being reared in the midwest I'm always on the lookout when it everything gets still. It makes me think one is looming near by. back several years ago when the F5 went through Oklahoma, my brother's house was missed by one street. Several months later another tornado tore through missing them by one street the other side of the house. Dr. Kate went and put a for sale by owner sign in the yard the next day. I laughed, who would buy your house. The thing sold in a week!

Lennye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Glad you guys made it through safely. I will refrain from making any Toto jokes. :) But I'm thinking that since you guys seem to attract tornadoes, I would rather abstain from ever living in the same neighborhood, please.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Whew. That was one terrible couple of days! Glad you're okay.
I enjoyed my tour of your blog. What a fun array of stories and pics.
Blessings to you~
Cathy

P.S. I love to pronounce Favre as a 2 sylable word. Drives people crazy. :)