Here begins a new "thing," courtesy of Melissa & her hysterical self. If you could only eat at 5 restaurants for the rest of your life, what would they be? (Okay, now, this is the part were y'all are all going to start rolling your eyes back in your head, because I've decided these restaurants can be anywhere on the entire planet, or at least the portion I've visited, so as to increase the variety!)
In the interest of fairness, I'm going to accompany these with photos. Let's see if I can make that work:
1) The aforementioned Mi Barrio.
2) Perraudin - in Paris. Partially for sentimental reasons, but also because it's the home of amazing food that changes daily! See - variety!
3) The Obecni Dum - in Prague. Not really a restaurant, but they serve about 40 different kinds of cake, which also change daily. More variety!
4) Ingleside Village Pizza - in Macon. Huge selection of imported beer, pizza, and garlic-butter breadsticks. What more do you need? They also have good salads, since I should probably have a vegetable sooner or later in this culinary odyssey.
5) Mandina's & Brocato's - in New Orleans. Really, I could do this post solely based on New Orleans, which maybe I will at a later date. Anyway, classic nice New Orleans food (sausage sandwiches & turtle soup) at Mandina's, then a walk across the street to Brocato's for the best ice cream in the world (closely chased by that of Berthillon on the Ile St. Louis in Paris). And I'll be having the Rum Custard ice cream. I always order that & then try other people's flavors to confirm that I made the right choice. It took these two places forever to open after Katrina, and they're open, a fact that, on the right day, can make me cry.
So there you go. Five places to eat for the rest of my life.