Friday, October 26, 2007

Ode to the Henley.

So we don't actually OWN this henley. But we do own about 4 just like it, waffle-weave, in a variety of colors (namely: red, charcoal, light blue, & hunter green). If decorum & the clothing rules of my workplace permitted it, you'd see me in one of these, jeans, hiking socks, & potato shoes pretty much every day all fall. (Winter, naturally, requires cable-knit sweaters, ideally of the turtle-necked variety, but that's another post for another day.)

The current ones in rotation are actually all "Lindsey's." Or, they were, until I confiscated them for my own personal use. I look better in them, anyway.

I actually left my wonderfully-chilly house (57 according to the thermometer - whoo-hoo! - I am my mother's daughter - why should you be able to feel your fingers & your nose?) for the Value Village to attempt to thrift some more, but apparently another henley-fan beat me to the punch, because I couldn't find ANY.

In case you can't tell, this personal style is clearly the result of being 13 in the midst of the Seattle-rock grunge era - thank goodness I've quit wearing flannel shirts OVER the henleys, right Mom? (hahah)

I gave up the henleys for a while, but they're back with a vengeance now.


Now, I promise, I am actually going to begin cooking for the par-tay tomorrow evening. Right.

5 comments:

Monkey said...

What exactly is the Value Village? Is that slang for Walmart or something?! LOL. I remember a particular outfit I wore in high school during the excellent "grunge" phase...baggy jeans, converse, and a long sleeved blue and white plaid flannel type shirt with a white shirt underneath...with a pink streak in my hair. Naturally. :) Today I wore a tribute to our "layering" style--a red t-shirt over a long sleeved white shirt. Ah, gotta love cool enough weather for stylish layers. good times.

K2daK said...

I love a henley, but you have to just about buy a man's henley for it to fit properly some of the girl ones hug around the waist and I don't have a waist I want hugged. :)

Value Village does sound like something in a movie like "Spin Mart" from "It's a Guy Thing".

I hope you all have a great time at your PARTAY this weekend!

Lennye said...

We'll tell me I couldn't be ya'lls mama! Back in the day, I wore a man's thermal underwear shirt under a flannal shirt. Always with blue jeans and flip flops. I may never give up the flip flops.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I decided long ago that as much as I love a good Henley, I would rather listen to him than wear him.

Rock on Don!

Jean Knee said...

I only wear jean shorts, tie dyes, and man flip flops. although I am running out of tie dyes. I guess I'll have to move to t shirts, drat.

if it ever gets cold here it'll be jeans, man's flip flops, and long sleeved tshirts.