Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Swap partner answers
Yep, I joined another Sweet Goodness Swap. (That's the same lovely group that linked me up with Amy for the Summer Fun Swap.) This time around, I'm paired with Jeannie, whose blog is a riot. Check it out. We'll be trading three seasonal surprises, so that should be exciting. It's like having a secret pal at school, only I know who my partner is. :) Part of our assignment is to answer these questions below. Being as I know I'll forget to do this if I don't do it now, here goes nothing:
1. Favorite Color: red, or this particular shade of green
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? All. Thank you. The end.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? Anything involving paper, or sewing that only requires straight seams.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? knitting - finally bought some needles
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? drawing that is supposed to look like something
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!) green vegetables & the vacuum cleaner
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else? decorating & eating candy simultaneously - I'm in about my 9th year of the Dorothy costume with red Converse high-tops for ruby slippers
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? absolutely - I turn the jack o'lanterns around so they just look like pumpkins
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? Christmas - we decorate anything that will stand still. I have a vintage aluminum tree w/vintage ornaments, a small tree in the kitchen with utensil/food ornaments, and a regular tree. I love vintage holiday things, especially when I find them cheap.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? Nope.
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? One black cat - she's our Halloween mascot.
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? I read everything, including shampoo bottles & cereal boxes. If it has type, I must read it. At the moment, I'm on a "biographies of average people" kick, but that could end at any time, if the right new thing came along...
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? Nyet.
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? Oy. I collect a variety of old stuff for the kitchen, including red-handled utensils, aprons & linens, and metal cookie cutters.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? I love to bake, particularly sweet things, but I'm developing some bread skills.
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? I pretty much love all "good" smells, especially things that smell like cookies! I don't like those fragrances that are dangerously close to smelling like public bathroom disinfectant.
17. What’s your favorite song? Geek alert! "Ne me quitte pas," by Jacques Brel. In English, probably "In My Life," by the Beatles, or "Dancing Virginia," by Jump Little Children
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? I can't even remember, but I think it was Knocked Up, which I saw with my mother-in-law, tee hee.
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Junior Mints. No, wait. Rolos? Or maybe Reese's Pieces? Those new dark chocolate 3 Muskateers are good, too... Oh, and there's Sixlets, which are increasingly hard to find.
20. Tea or Coffee or other? OTHER - milk. Or root beer. Or beer. Or good white wine.