Monday, May 21, 2007

Mr. Roboto comes to Highway 36


Today, after a week of anticipation, this little gem arrived from Laurie's ModDots shop. You might just be able to see that there is a tiny robot on the top, thanking me for ordering. And that's Laurie's face that you see on the tag. Just in case it's unclear - that is blue and white twisty string holding the whole shebang together. (You had best believe it's already rolled up in the ribbon organizer, looking for a good scrapbook page to call home.)

What might it be, you ask? Let's just say that a couple of truly stupendous baby gifts are in the offing, thanks to these pieces of graphic design brilliance:


Yes, friends, those are robot iron-ons. In bright cherry red. The one on the front is mine, and the two behind it belong to a couple of sweetie pies, who just don't know it yet. Stay tuned for updates!

In other news, we had an eventful trip to Florida for my sweet baby cousin's high school graduation. We still call her the baby, even though another uncle went and had an additional kid while most of the rest of us were in double-digits. I would love to show you some pictures of the family, but my mother reconfiscated her camera. I will prevail - fear not - and at least repossess the memory card.

Hopefully by this weekend, you'll have photos from last weekend.

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Holy Awesome Robots Batman! I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE cute robots. I hearted a couple of things a while ago that have cute robots on them on etsy. I know I'm not a cute baby and all, but why don't I get to have a cutie-pie robot? :( Dang! What's a girl gotta do? :)

Anonymous said...

I hope one of those cute robots is coming in an 18 months-24 months shirt! I know an awfully cute little boy that would look C-U-T-E in it! I know another cute little boy that lives out west that would look cute in it too! K2daK

Monkey said...

Ok...this is creepy--I just realized from Laurie's blog comments that you said some sort of batman comment too---I swear I NEVER saw that until just now. That is TOO freaky!