Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pine Village, Indiana


Pine Village, Indiana
Originally uploaded by docbratt
When you are the one who drives for an entire trip, you tend not to be able to take any pictures. And let's face it - in rural Indiana, the landscape (seen mostly through the car window) is what is photogenic.

The weather was beyond gorgeous - temperatures in the 70s, gentle breezes, billowy white clouds, bright blue skies - exactly the kind of midwestern weather that makes you forget that in February it will be about 18 degrees, grey, snowy, and windy. It's the only reason our pioneer ancestors stuck it out. Well, that and ridiculously fertile soil, but I digress.

I am extremely shocked that I found a picture of Pine Village on flickr. There are only about 300 people in the town (three of whom are related to me, so I am related to 1% of the town, and 250 of whom know my mother or my grandparents), no stoplights, and not a heck of a lot to do. Needless to say, if you were driving through, you would probably not stop.

The family reunion was fun, and we had some good little adventures, too. I'll show you the thrifting/junking spoils later. They will, though, prove my theory that such things are just better in the midwest.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Lennye said...

Junkin' in Pennsylvannia were some of my happiest memories. I can't wait to see your stuff!

Monkey said...

Glad you had an enjoyable, safe trip!

K2daK said...

Glad you are back!! Sounds like a good time-can't wait to see your treasures.