1) The realization that if I can't wear the shoes to teach, I can't wear them to my new job. Although I don't do NEARLY as much standing as I did in the classroom, I do quite a bit more walking (mostly to and from the elevator and my parking spot.) Now that I have blistered every inch of my left foot, I think I am about to learn my lesson. There is a chance, though, that once these heal & callus, I'll be able to wear CUTE SHOES. Hmmm....
2) My friend Peter can't spell "forty." He spelled it "fourty." On a check. That I have to take to the bank. Yes, they're going to give him a Ph. D. Thank goodness it's in Economics, not Rhetoric.
3) My "department" has a groovy view of the capitol from above. It's a better view than the State Superintendent has, although it gets WAY more sun.
4) My "Bundle of the Month" from Kyoto Kimono arrived today. Some gorgeous vintage stuff that will become a pincushion very soon, and some other things soonish. Get excited, people.
5) I am very glad I have my new job. :)