Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A happy post....

Since I'm WAY behind on Monkey's latest 5 Things posts, I thought I'd catch up. I can't promise that all three will get done tonight, though. :)

First up: 5 Places I've Been, But I'd Like to See Again!

1. Prague. We've appreciated my obsession before, but let's continue to do so today. WARNING: More social studies geekiness approacheth. There are two HUGE reasons that Prague is in better shape today than most of the rest of Eastern Europe: a) Hitler wanted to make the city into a museum of extinct Jewish culture, so he didn't desecrate the city's large Jewish quarter, and b) even Communism is better in the Czech Republic, so the city just didn't suffer as much as most other places did. Thus, large parts of Prague & the Czech countryside look just as they did centuries ago, despite two hot wars & a cold one, too. In a nutshell, if you ever get the opportunity to visit, please do so. :)


2. Yosemite National Park. When my uncle lived in San Francisco, we went to visit one summer, & drove up the California coast to Yosemite. It was amazing, but my anti-outdoorsy family didn't do nearly as much cool stuff as we could have. We did, however, get to stay at this fantastic old hotel, which I loved.


3. Boston. I've only been once, and it was blisteringly hot, but I still want to go back & visit. ;)


4. New York - but I get to go on Friday. Whoo-hoo!!!

5. And, because it's Mardi Gras, and because there's nowhere on the planet like it, New Orleans.


Pictures are all courtesy of ye olde Internet.

2 comments:

K2daK said...

Never been to any of those places...I should hit the U.S. ones first. Have fun in NY!

Monkey said...

I'm definitely most envious of number 4....ooh one day number 4...you and I will be as one! :) hee!