Sunday, December 21, 2008

My friend Lennye makes me cry.

If you're feeling just a little bit Grinchy or Scrooge-y this Christmas season, I highly recommend you read about what my friend Lennye was able to do for a student. Sometimes, I think we look too far heavenward for miracles, when most of the time they happen a lot closer to Earth.



This one touches me particularly because I taught this little guy, and he is, without a doubt, one of the most precious children on the planet. When I had him in my class three years ago (has it really been that long?) his life was challenging, but not nearly as difficult as it is now. I know I speak for Lennye & everyone else involved when I say that we would covet your prayers for K & his family, particularly his sweet mom, that they might be able to enjoy this Christmas in spite of everything.


Merry Christmas, y'all.

1 comment:

Lennye said...

We will be lucky if K's mom sees another Christmas. We had planned all we were doing before the letter came, but let me say we were all touched by the letter. Pray for him and pray for me that I'll see when he needs me the most in the coming days.

Isn't it true that sometimes we are too heavenly minded to be of any earthly good. When all along God has those moments when we can be most like him disguised as 10 year old boys.